1. Homosexuality is not natural
Rebut: Cnemidorphorus or whiptail lizards are common throughout western North America. Nearly all species of Cnemidophorus are sexual with males and females that produce male and female progeny. However, one "species" called Cnemidophorus uniparens, as its Linnean binomial implies, is uniparental; it has one-sexed parents. No males are required. The species manages to propagate itself quite well without any males whatsoever. Are you telling me that lizards are unnatural? Or is it just that men are afraid of not being needed and since many don't know how to behave themselves won't be saught out by women?
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children.
Rebut: Then how long should we wait to anull non child producing marriages and remove the more than a thousand marriage rights and financial insentives and gratuities afforded to marriages by our government and allow them only the same 22 rights afforded civil unions?
3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children.
Rebut: Most gays and lesbians come from families with 2 hetrosexual parents. *blink* *blink* doesn't look like sexual prefeance is contageous or hereditary. *scraches left butt cheek*
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful.
Rebut: Do you even own a television? I think y'all have done a fine job of that all by your hetrosexual little selves
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around as long as time and hasn’t changed at all.
Rebut: Yeah what's that? Women still being dragged around by abusive husbands who use them up and walk away from them when their life gets too complicated because of them and those darn kids?
6. Gay marriage should be decided by people not the courts.
Rebut: Do you mean because our history shows how cool headed the people can be when driven by religious doggma. You know, like say during the Salem Witch Trials?
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
Rebut: It is by MY religion. Or does my religion not count as much as yours either? Are you starting to see a pattern here? Who told you that the US constitution only garanteed YOU freedom of religeon?
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay.
Rebut: Male ego thing again? God you guys are insecure. Just treat your women like their feelings count just as much as yours and you won't have to worry. Besides most lesbians prefere a woman with a little kick to her. your spritzhead girlfriends aren't really our types.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
rebut: With STDs being what they are I would think this was a step toward sanity not crazyness.
10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home.
Rebut: Then why are so many heterosexual men leaving a trail of women with babies behind them?
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society.
Rebut: A time to every purpose under heaven.
12. Civil unions provide most of the same benefits as marriage.
Rebut: No they do not. There are over a thousand rights afforded to married people by our government but only 22 in the state that offers the most rights to civilly united people. AND WHO THE HELL CAME UP WITH "CIVIL UNION" SHIT ANY WAY?! Hi how are you My name is Casey and this is my civilly united partner Sammie. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?